4 Mar 08
Ergodyne Introduces New Chill-Its® Cooling Products
ST. PAUL, Minn. (March 4, 2008) – Ergodyne announces advancements and additions to its Chill-Its® line of cooling vests, absorptive caps and cooling towels to help workers fight the heat by staying cool and dry.
“We continue to develop new products with advanced technology to help workers stay cool and safe in hot working conditions. These workers demand the most advanced cooling solutions, and we are dedicated to providing them with products that respond,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO of Ergodyne.
Several products within the Chill-Its Absorptive Series are made of Hi Cool®, a high-performance wicking fabric that quickly moves moisture away from the body for fast evaporation and optimal comfort.
Chill-Its Evaporative Series products cool workers through evaporation.
Additions And Enhancements To This Popular Series Include:
- High Performance Class 2 Evaporative Cooling Vest (6675) – This ANSI-certified model combines a water-repellent liner and activated, polymer-embedded fabric with a HI-Vis ANSI certified polyester mesh outside to provide the ultimate in comfort and safety. To cool, workers simply soak this vest in cold water to provide relief from the heat. This model also includes a snap closure and outside pocket and is available in sizes Small through 5XL.
- Chill-Its Evaporative Cooling Vest (6665) –This model combines a quilted nylon outer layer and special inner fabric layer embedded with super-absorbent acrylic polymers. To cool down, workers simply soak this lightweight, durable vest in cold water and enjoy instant cooling relief. With a V-neck design, this vest is available in silver or lime and in sizes Medium through 3XL.
- Phase Change Cooling Vest (Khaki and Hi-Vis) (6200) – Ergodyne’s Phase Change series is the ultimate in keeping the core body temperature in the safe zone. The vest maintains a constant 58 degrees Fahrenheit and a cooling cycle of up to four hours. Designed for workers in intense heat environments for long periods of time, the Phase Change Cooling Vest has been proven to increase productivity and recovery times. In an independent 10-day series of tests, firefighter participants wore full gear with their Chill-Its Vests and increased their productivity by 22 percent. The hi-vis orange vest uses Level 2 ANSI-certified tape; is made of a flame-resistant material that lasts up to 50 washings; has an adjustable hook and loop closure that allows for optimal fit, and exceeds FTMS 191-5903.
- Cooling Towel (6602) – For workers who need help cooling off periodically throughout the day, the Chill-Its Cooling Towel offers cool comfort and sweat absorption at the ready. Made of a special synthetic chamois material, this soft, washable towel cools on contact and for extended periods, far surpassing any cotton or synthetic alternative.
New Chill-Its Absorptive Series Products Include:
- High Performance Caps (6640, 6645 and 6655) – Designed to keep sweat out of workers eyes for comfort and safety using low-tech moisture management. The 6640 (soft bill) and 6645 (hard bill) cotton caps have an absorbent terry sweatband and elasticized back for great fit. Several designs are available, including Stars and Stripes, Barbed Wire and Skulls. The 6655 Shop Cap is made of absorbent quilted cotton and a soft non-structured bill. This black cap with orange stitching comes in sizes S/M: 6-7/8”, L/XL 7-1/4”.
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to manage the elements, improve productivity and provide protection for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz® Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its® Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Equipment Storage Systems, and CORE Performance Work Wear® and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.