23 Apr 07
Ergodyne Helps Workers Keep Their Cool
ST. PAUL, Minn. (April 23, 2007) – Ergodyne today announces the expansion of its Chill-Its™ lines with new cooling headwear, vests and towels designed to keep workers cool, dry and productive.
“From the sweltering heat of an asphalt highway to the stifling heat of the refinery, working men and women need cooling solutions that pack an equal punch,” said Tom Votel, president and CEO of Ergodyne.
Several products within the Chill-Its Absorptive Series are made of Hi Cool, a high-performance wicking fabric that quickly moves moisture away from the body for fast evaporation and optimal comfort. In addition to new materials, Ergodyne has also added new art patterns to the Absorptive Series, including skulls, flames and barbed wire. New Chill-Its Absorptive Series products include:
- High Performance Dew Rag (6615) and High Performance Cap (6630) – Designed for comfortable wear under hats and helmets or alone, both dew rag and cap are made of Hi Cool fabric to quickly transport moisture away from the body. An absorbent terry headband and elastic band help give these headwear options a secure, comfortable fit.
- High Performance Hat with Neck Shade (6650) – The wide neck panel on this hat provides vital sun protection, while Hi Cool fabric and absorbent terry headband combine to optimize wearer comfort. Available in high-visibility lime or orange, these hats make workers hard to miss on the jobsite.
- Western Bandana (6600) – Workers have never worn a bandana like this one. Made of Hi Cool fabric, the Chill-It Western Bandana moves sweat away from the brow and doesn’t saturate like cotton versions. Machine-washable, this one-size bandana comes in several cool colors.
- High Performance Headband (6605) – Hi Cool fabric moves moisture away from the body for fast absorption. An absorbent terrycloth band under the headband provides additional protection from sweat, while an elasticized band ensures a snug fit.
Chill-Its Evaporative Series products cool workers through evaporation. New additions to this popular series include:
- Cooling Towel (6602) – For workers who need help cooling off periodically throughout the day, the Chill-Its Cooling Towel offers cool comfort and sweat absorption at the ready. Made of a special synthetic chamois material, this soft, washable towel cools on contact and for extended periods, far surpassing any cotton or synthetic alternative.
- Chill-Its Evaporative Cooling Vest (6665) – This model combines a quilted nylon outer layer and special inner fabric layer embedded with super-absorbent acrylic polymers. To cool down, workers simply soak this lightweight, durable vest in cold water and enjoy instant cooling relief. With a V-neck design, this vest is available in silver or lime and in sizes Medium through 3XL.
- Chill-Its Hard Hat Neck Shade (6670) – Helping workers stay cool and keep the sun off their necks, this easy-to-attach hard hat neck shade has a water-repellant liner, quilted nylon outer layer, and activated polymer embedded fabric inside.
Workers in more intense heat environments (foundries, chemical plants, power plants, etc.) for long periods of time, require a more intense cooling solution – not only for comfort and productivity, but for safety. A new solution for Ergodyne’s Phase Change series is the Hi-Vis Cooling Vest (6200), which maintains a constant 58 degrees Fahrenheit and a cooling cycle of up to four hours. This hi-vis orange vest uses Level 2 ANSI-certified tape; is made of a flame-resistant material that lasts up to 50 washings; has an adjustable hook and loop closure that allows for optimal fit, and exceeds FTMS 191-5903. For more information, visit https://stage.ergodyne.com, email email@example.com or call 800-225-8238 // (651) 642-9889.
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to manage the elements, improve productivity and provide protection for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz® Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its® Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Equipment Storage Systems, and CORE Performance Work Wear® and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.