13 Jun 05
Ergodyne Adds Products To Popular Glowear® High-Vis Line
ST. PAUL, Minn. (June 13, 2005) – Just one year after introducing its line of GloWear® High-Visibility Apparel, St. Paul-based Ergodyne has introduced a significant expansion of this popular line of tenacious work gear, including options in high-visibility vests, shirts, pants and headwear.
GloWear® High-Visibility Apparel keeps construction, public works, DOT and utility workers visible, safe and comfortable so they can focus on the job. A key feature of the new product line is the use of 3M™ high-gloss reflective tape, which is especially effective in wet conditions.
“All of our new GloWear® products are designed with the updated ANSI/ISEA 107-2004 regulations in mind,” explained Greg Schrab, Ergodyne’s director of operations, and a member of the ISEA High-Visibility committee that helped develop the new standards. “These standards are increasingly being adopted as mandatory in several states as well as associations such as the Federal Highway Workers Association.”
Additions to the GloWear® product line include:
- High-gloss standard vest: This Class 2 vest uses 3M™ Scotchlite™ high-gloss reflective tape and is made of ANSI-certified polyester mesh with a zipper closure (8220ZHG)
- Two-tone vest: A non-certified vest option that uses retroreflective tape with a contrasting color background and hook and loop closure (8030HL)
- Flame-retardant vest: This Class 2 vest is made of ANSI-certified polyester that also passes NFPA 701 and ASTM F1506 vertical flammability test requirements, uses ANSI-certified 3M™ Scotchlite™ flame-resistant tape, and has a hook and loop closure (8255HL)
- Economy high-visibility t-shirt: A Class 2 t-shirt made of ANSI-certified polyester knit, has Level 2 ANSI-certified 3M™ Scotchlite™ tape and is Wicked™ treated (8289)
- Two-tone pants: These Class E pants use ANSI-certified polyester mesh, contrasting color 3M™ Scotchlite™ tape, and have a drawstring waist with hook and loop leg bottoms for easy slip on/off over work boots (8911)
- High-visibility Visor: A Class E visor that is made of ANSI-certified polyester with ANSI-certified tape (8932)
“GloWear® has quickly become a category leader since its introduction last year,” said Tom Votel, Ergodyne president and CEO. “It’s been remarkable to see the enthusiasticresponse to the products, and we’re excited to offer even more choices to keep workers safe and comfortable on the job.” Introduced in the summer of 2004, GloWear® High-Visibility Apparel is available in all ANSI-certified and non-certified classifications. The products meet a complete range of conspicuity and safety standards through rugged construction and the use of the highest quality materials, such as 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective tapes. Ergodyne obtains third-party certification of each garment line and makes that information available on the company’s website. For more information, visit https://stage.ergodyne.com, email email@example.com or call 800-225-8238 // (651) 642-9889.
Since 1983, Ergodyne has pioneered the development of products that Make The Workplace A Betterplace™. What started with just one product has grown into a line of top flight, battle-tested, Tenacious Work Gear®; all precision crafted to manage the elements, improve productivity and provide protection for workers on jobsites the world over. The current lineup is extensive and constantly growing: ProFlex® Hand Protection, ProFlex® Knee Pads, ProFlex® Supports, Skullerz® Head Protection, Skullerz® Eye Protection, Trex™ Footwear Accessories, Chill-Its® Cooling Products, N-Ferno® Warming Products, GloWear® Hi-Vis Apparel, Squids® Lanyards, Arsenal® Equipment Storage Systems, and CORE Performance Work Wear® and SHAX® Portable Work Shelters.